Links and Resources

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Faux Clouds Stamping Technique


What am I working on today?

Well you might say I have my head in the clouds!

FAUX CLOUDS, that is!

I'm prepping swaps for our annual local group's stamping convention. I can't show you the whole project yet as it is being prepped in stages (it's so cute!) What I CAN show you are my Faux Clouds (gosh I love all of the FAUX techniques out there!)


You can see my faux wood projects if you go HERE and HERE).


Aren't they pretty? Here's a close-up....


Can't you see this technique used for a summer time scrapbook page border with title, or even a complete background paper?

Supplies Needed:

  • a scallop circle punch (item #109043 $22.95)
  • a sponge, come in packs of 3 and I cut them up (item #101610 $4.95)
  • Tempting Turquoise classic ink (item #100814 $7.95)
  • whisper white card stock (item #106529 $9.95)

You can get all of the supplies listed by clicking here.

Hot Tip: The sponges come as a package of 3 large ROUNDS, see how I've cut mine into a wedge? They last FOREVER! Very good deal, and I really like how they apply and DON'T absorb the ink.

Technique: You might be able to see from the picture, that I lay down the scallop punched shape and drag/pounce ink over the template, onto the whisper white cardstock. Then move the punched scalloped circle template around, sponge/ink, move, sponge/ink, move...until the whole piece is covered. Leave some white space and then you can always go back and apply more ink.

Stay tuned, I'll show you the finished deal just as soon as I'm done!

No peeking Lori-Anne
!

Faux Clouds Stamping TechniqueSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

FieryCanuck77 said...

LOL! I'm sorry, I'll try not to peek!!!!!
Did you read my bit on our swap? *blush*

Anonymous said...

Awesome technique! I will definetely be trying this one soon. Thanks!!