Links and Resources

Friday, June 26, 2009

Wanted

Rewind to last Saturday..... my good friend DG had arranged and booked a Stampin' Up! workshop and a few of his close and wonderful friends were coming, which was exciting and fantastic....

So how do you balance a workshop for one dude, a few lovely ladies, all mixed interests and levels...and none I've previously met.
Would feminine projects offend? Should we scrapbook? Make cards? BigShot? Small things, big things? Oh dear...

Stop thinking and start doing...just do what Stampin' Up! says to do...share what we love!

WELLLLLL, I loved the faux wood technique that I featured in a previous post...and what stamp set and colours would go with that 'look'? The stamp set...WANTED....check it out...


This starts off with an 8.5x11" piece of Kraft cardstock for the base scrapbook page. The supplies used are Kraft cardstock stamped with elements from Wanted in Ruby Red, Bordering Blue and Night of Navy. Then....sponged with Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White to give it 'grit' baby...I'm feelin' OLD WEST!


Here I've added a Very Vanilla strip along the bottom, and layered it on to a 12x12" piece of textured Chocolate Chip cardstock. A very special thanks goes out to my husband for playing a 'villainous' model so that I could have pictures for my western themed scrap page!


This would be an idea of what everything would look like with extra 'outtakes' and pictures or journalling and memorabilia added to the page. The embellished vanilla block at the top can be used for another photo or a nice journalling block!



I hope you enjoyed this other take on 'faux wood' technique and to see how easy it is to progress from small scrap page to large!

Here's the Wanted stamp set which you can order online (and all other inks and accessories as well*), even in your jammies right now, my store is always open (Canadian orders) here!





*husband not for sale, I'm keeping him as he is very WANTED
WantedSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

FieryCanuck77 said...

ok, so I haven't tried this technique yet.... *blush* I'm lovin' this scrap page though! Man! This is on my To Do List this week!!! seriously! :)

So, was your workshop successful?