Don't you just love a card that is a little bit different from the usual?
I do! Stamps just give us such versatility with creation...if you can think it/dream it, chances are you can find something to make it.
Without further ado I give you the Easter Carrot:
So the carrot is actually made using the Pick-a-Petal stamp set!
When you look at the set, all you think of (as the name suggests) are various petals to make flowers. Isn't it more fun to think outside of the box though? YES IT IS!
1. Inked the solid petal image from Pick-a-Petal with pumpkin pie classic ink
2. Take a blender pen and remove colour from the stamp (the lines/striations)
3. Clean the pen tip on a scrap paper, go back and remove more colour... (I repeated until I had a fairly decent looking carrot)
4. "Huff" and stamp on whisper white cardstock.
VOILA! Carrot! Stinkin' cute hey? I know. I squealed...
For the leafy greens on the carrot:
- I've used the filigree from the Baroque Motifs stamp set
- Inked up only a small PORTION of the stamp with a Garden Green Stampin' Write marker (this technique is called OMITTING).
- "huff" or breathe on the stamp to re-moisten the ink
- line up your stamp with the top of the carrot, and press down.
You have just created the most cute and whimsical Easter Carrot! You rock with your uniqueness!
Speaking of uniqueness, please be sure to check out more Easter Carrots here: The Crooked Stamper, my dear Twitter friend Leslie made an irresistable card that was a springboard for my own carrot creation!
Other things that are groovy about this card:
- the FREE scallop trim border punch (FREE with a $65 dollar order from my online store because it's Sale-A-Bration! until March 31)
- The polka dot dry embossing (a BigShot embossing folder)
- The Easter sentiment which is a NEW clear mount stamp from the Occasions Mini catalogue.
- all of these things and more can be seen on my website (links on sidebar)
- Questions? Contact me Links are on the top of the page!
Stamp Happy and go make something pretty now!