Links and Resources

Monday, February 8, 2010

Peek-a-boo Punch Technique

Valentine's Day is fast approaching! If you're like me, you'll need Valentine's for the kids, for the class, for the teacher, for your special someone...the list goes on...

One of my favourite tools are Stampin' Up! paper punches. I {heart} punches...and as it so happens...I used punches with hearts on them to do this project.

We've been doing techniques classes with our stamping club, and this Peek-a-boo Punch technique was part of January's stamping class. Check it out then scroll down for details...



Cute hey?

This uses the Heart to Heart punch to punch out the 'windows' on the front of the card. Then simply layer a beautiful piece of Designer Series Paper behind your windows and stick down (be careful not to have any adhesive show through your punched shapes). Voila!

To kick it up a notch, we used the new Pinking Hearts Border punch and layered it along the bottom edge (the front edge of the card is slightly shorter than the back).

Then stamp with your preferred sentiment, wrap some ribbon... DONE!

The stamp set used is the new Well Scripted stamp set, which you can search and view on my
website and online store, and it is from the Occasions Mini. (stamp set is available as clear mount rubber, or traditional wood block mount).

And...just in case you didn't know...buying the stamp set, ribbon, punch and designer paper pictured above would get you a FREE Sale-a-bration stamp set. Who loves free? I do. Sale-a-bration Details and Online Ordering are on my website
HERE.

I hope you enjoyed this project, and I encourage you to check out our full line of punches and think forward to other occasions where quick and beautiful cards are just what you need!

Have fun!
Peek-a-boo Punch TechniqueSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Lovely! I like!

FieryCanuck77 said...

very pretty! :) I love it's simplicity.

Lisa said...

very cute-very sweet!

WV:nesserd- a female nerd

Jillian said...

Very cute indeed! :)