Links and Resources

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Love you Sweet Pea

ahhh....amour, love is in the air....

chocolate...

smiles....

crafting...


YES, I said crafting. This is one of the things you missed if you don't come to class or stamp with me! You missed out on creating this GORGEOUS (tooting my own horn) valentine. In non-traditional valentine colours - yay me! So really, it can be used for loving someone up any time of year, but Valentine's is coming and you OUGHT to give your someone special something handmade and lovely!

Check out the texture and loveliness....the clean simple lines....(I think I have a crush on this card).




This card was inspired by the Sweet Pea Felt, a new Stampin' Up! product in the Occasions Mini Catalogue. Stinkin' cute! I squee'd when I saw them. I loved the colours and translated them over into my valentine (smart of me, now I can hoard my felt just a little longer...).

Here's the scoop:
  • Perfect Polka Dot Impressions Folder for the Bigshot (to get the sweet little dotted textured background) in Pretty In Pink
  • the Heart of Hearts Embosslits Die (for the scallopy white heart..which also has a dotted texture) in Whisper White
  • Stampin' Up! heart punch (layered on top) in Melon Mambo
  • Scallop Square die to make the card base in Old Olive
  • embellished with some mighty fine Stampin' Up! chocolate 1" grosgrain ribbon.

Voila! PSSST....see the pretty papers in the background?

That's the NEW glittery and GORGEOUS Sending Love Specialty Paper.

Every page has GLITTER accents on it! I might hoard that too!

You need to go to my website, you need to look at pretty things!

But don't listen to me here, go there and see for yourself ... http://www.doodlebug.stampinup.net/

I hope you liked the valentine. Tell me if you make one!

Hugs,

Dreena

I Love you Sweet PeaSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

SQUEAL!!! One of my customers ordered the felt and now I MUST HAVE IT! I love this, especially the non-trad colors.

And now that I know that heart die LAYERS with the punch (of course it does), I also need that.

heh heh

WV: spiter
The itsy bitsy spiter crawled up the water spout ...

Tara said...

cute Valentine! And I super love the Sweet Pea stitched felt... that PP is nice too - haven't ordered it yet!