I also love it when my club ladies 'ooh and ahh' and get that wicked gleam in their eye...they just KNOW they are going to home and make a mini-herd of the project before them.
A couple months ago I saw an idea by a fellow stamper for bookmark cards. It was just brilliant, and while I'd love to take the credit, I can't. I'd also love to GIVE credit, but if you've seen the state of my craft room...you know I've put the sheet of paper with the deets in a safe place.
If I ever find that safe place I put things there are keys, unread books, probably my missing socks, important slips of paper, and I'm convinced...several hundreds of dollars. Good thing my cat was self-sufficient, and my children are loud...
If I find you, oh creator of this pattern I will surely edit this post...and if you are the creator of this pattern, puh-leez leave me a comment and a blog address so that I can commend you!
On to the good and pretty!
Cute huh? The card is a 6x6" square of paper folded in half for the base. (You can get four of these bad boys from one sheet of 12x12..I LOVE THAT).
All of the products are Stampin' Up!,
- Rich Razzleberry cardstock (base)
- Melon Mambo cardstock (mat)
- Razzleberry Lemonade Designer paper
- Whisper White cardstock (ultra silky smooth)
- Large Silver Grommet
- Razzleberry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (I can't tell you how amazing this ribbon is!!)
- Melon Mambo Classic Ink
- Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink (butterfly) ..ooh matchy matchy me
- Basic Black classic ink
- Silver brads
- Stampin Dimensionals (pop up the butterfly and act as a stopper against acetate)
- a strip of acetate (used to make see through band to hold bookmark on card)
- a hole piercing tool (for the brads)
- Tombow "snail" tape runner adhesive
- 1" circle punch to make the hole for the grommet
Here's a shot of the card with the bookmark pulled out from behind the acetate band....see? Isn't this cutie patootie? You could stamp a message that shows through behind the acetate, like an additional sentiment.
Speaking of the stamp set used, it's a great little number called GREAT FRIEND, from Stampin' Up!
It's a rubber on wood mount stamp set, with 5 pieces in the set. It's gorgeous. It's only $23.95, and yes, it's available through me, as well as any of the products named above! You can place orders online or by contacting me (Canadians only).
Extra bonus this month!!! When you place any order of $50.00 with me by email or via my website I will send you a FREE step-by-step tutorial, with pictures, on how to create your own bookmark cards! Additional shots of inside and back of card will be included, as well as pictures of 2 alternative bookmark card ideas.
You can visit my website by clicking HERE.
Here's a peekaboo at the GREAT FRIEND stamp set.Happy Stamping! I hope you make a mini-herd of Bookmark Cards!