Links and Resources

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Get Ill Soon - Blog Hop


You read that right. Get Ill Soon.


I'm not sure how this started, but we have another blog hop that has been born of the ladies on Twitter. Join us, read on, follow along each stop on the Blog Hop (links will be provided within each stop) and you'll unravel the story of "Get Ill Soon" and you'll also be treating your eyeballs and funnybones to some really awesome creations of paper artistry.


If you've arrived from the previous blog stop, Lisa's blog, www.papergrace.blogspot.com a big welcome to you. If you've started here, then please do read on and the next stop is provided to you at the bottom of the posting. We'll take care of you...now on to the goods.


So, my friends, dont'cha sometimes wish that you had a magic prescription pad where you could prescribe that wonderful co-worker an extended sick leave, your ex-cheating boyfriend a little (erm...) well I'll leave that one alone...you get my point.



Well I have it. The magical GET ILL SOON prescription pad, for writing your own 'sick' prescriptions to those that are ticking you off.







A closeup of the focal point. NO SOUP FOR YOU...haahh, i've been dying to say that. All puns intended. See how all the feel goody-ness is crossed out? I can be bad like that. I had to add a little vellum and polkadot designer paper, to soften the blow...



Loads of funkeh grosgrain ribbons...in saffron, real red and basic black compliment the colour scheme....



Open up your 'sick' little prescription pad and give someone a piece of your mind...

"Dear Susy Snarky, please get ill soon. Take this prescription for 3 days sick leave , so that I can get my job done. " Sincerely, YOU KNOW WHO.





Now for your next spot on the Blog Hop please visit Ms. Understand Blue herself, Lydia Fiedler...where I'm sure she will shock, awe and amaze you with her mad skillz.


So go on....get ill with us....and go here: Understand Blue


If you would like to win your own sick little prescription pad please leave me a comment, a way to contact you, and tell me why you need the power of the 'Get Ill Soon'. I will do a draw next weekend!


Ta ta my lovelies!


D.
Get Ill Soon - Blog HopSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

14 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

hahahahhaahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg this is fantastic!!!!! I'm totally making this!!!

HAHAHAHA!!

Your commentary is priceless.

xoxo

Leslie Hanna said...

LOL! NO SOUP FOR YOU! HAHAHAHA!
OMG, this is a hoot! A whole prescription pad! Over the TOP!

WV: phientia. Doc, I need to call in sick. I think I have phientia.

Leigh said...

You guys are "sick"! Funny stuff, I can see myself using the magic pad on so many people it would probably run out very quickly. I hope you are only using it for evil doings!!!

Lisa - papergrace said...

THAT is fan-freakin-tastic!! I am in love with it. I don't know who I'd send it to...maybe no one, but I love it. Just amazing!! :D

Dana K said...

I'm breaking out my Bind It All right NOW!!!! this is awesome!!!

rhonda said...

HAAAAAA! LOVE IT! thanks for sharing! :D

Kerri said...

Hahahaa!! I love the Soup Nazi! No soup for you!! Love it Dreena!!

Sue said...

LOVE this!!! Congrats o winning the prize! This is so clever!!!

~kelly marie~ said...

This is so great!! hahahaha! I love it! No soup for you! I like how vellum softens the blow too :).

FieryCanuck77 said...

HAHAHAHA! I LOVE IT!!!! too funny...and way too cute! I don't NEED it, but I want it! ;)

(I'm LOL b/c my word verification is 'snity'!!!!)

kc_froglady said...

"Dear Susy Snarky, please get ill soon. Take this prescription for 3 days sick leave , so that I can get my job done. " Sincerely, YOU KNOW WHO."

OMGosh you have be cracking up! Love the NO SOUP thing too what a great idea!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I know just how you feel, I know a couple of Susy Snarky's. And yes, I hope they get ill soon, not swine flu ill, but just a little ill, lol.
Love the NO SOUP FOR YOU! I use that all the time with my kids, they just look at me like I'm stupid.
I would love to win this awesome little prescription pad, I need to write a few little notes :o)......

This has been so much fun, always need the laughs on Monday. Thanks so
much for all you do.

Carolyn S
ceashark at aol dot com

Mel Hopes said...

I was just thinking that I needed to pay you to stamp the cute little soup for me so that I can copy this cute little pad. I would love to write a few perscriptions of my own at work!!!!

Any maybe a few right here around my own house. (my kids are all old enough to take care of themselves:))

I would love to win and then I could just leave that little pad in plain view and just hope for the guts to really use it!!!!!

M

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Absolutely amazing. LOVE the dimension!