Links and Resources

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Fred in need is a Fred indeed - A Blog Hop

You've heard of flat Stanley, and versions of flat Stanley travelling the world on vacations...

Little paper likenesses of people going from place to place, taking photo opportunities where they may and sending images home to their friends and family...

(if you haven't heard of this then I can't explain the origins, google Flat Stanley, and talk to your friends).

Well I don't have a Flat Stanley today, but I do have a FRED. 
Fred is a relative of Flat Stanley (kind of) (not really).

Fred is a card that has travelled all over the US and Canada, and Fred had a mission!

A mission of love and comfort. 

Fred started in Austin, Texas with Lydia of Understand Blue...and travelled through many friends...each of us adding one element of love to the card and made it's way to Sue in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
(SO MAKE SURE, you all start at Lydia's page HERE and see the journey and creation of FRED) all the way through to Tara's blog HERE which is the next stop.  Then you'll see what it looked like right before we sent it off to Sue.

Sue is our friend in need, because she lost her dear mum...and while she was away in Ireland taking care of her family and honouring her mum's memory...Fred started making his journey to Sue.  (We're not sure if she received Fred yet...so we've been SO careful to hide our secret.  I'm pretty sure no one accidentally spilled the beans...which means we're all pretty amazing).

Anyways.  I only added one small element to Fred before sending him off.  I added the body/antennae to the butterfly.  Sidenote: I did this on my lap because I was knee deep (okay, ankle deep) in a water crisis in the basement that week. 

But Love and Friendship prevail and a Fred in need is a Fred indeed! 

We love you Sue! 

Here's Fred before I sent him off:



NOW...don't forget to 'hop' on over to see Tara's blog HERE which is the next stop. 
A Fred in need is a Fred indeed - A Blog HopSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

12 comments:

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

OMG, you are so clever! LOVE the addition! And yes, we are pretty amazing. hee hee

Lydia Fiedler said...

THUD!!! The way you tied those feelers is complete brilliance!! I have never seen that before and I'm totally copying it!!

Beautifully done.

And we are pretty amazing - BWAHAHAHAHA! :D

Love ya!! xo

Linda Callahan said...

A fabulous detail! It's all about the details!

LorraineB said...

Perfect!! I would never have thought to use twine and thank you for that helpful hint.

June Houck said...

Aren't you a clever girl adding a body to the butterfly? Love it!

Brenda said...

What a great idea! I'll definitely be borrowing this one!

Karen said...

That is the perfect addition! You gals are terrific and Sue will surely feel very loved!

Theresa said...

Your butterfly body and antenna are perfect. Hope it is ok to copy this idea.
I hope your water problems are resolved.
"Fred" is such a great idea.

Gail said...

Hope the water crisis is over!?
Great addition!

Lisa - papergrace said...

YOU are uber awesome!! I love this!! I, too, will be copying you! :) I never woulda thunk that a butterfly needed this, but whaddya know? It looks so much more complete! Score one for YOU! :)

Scrapcollectr said...

Your addition is perfect! Really cute!
*smile*

Unknown said...

oh em gee! how smart are you??? SOOOO Smart! simply simple and so perfect! LOVE!