Links and Resources

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Colour Challenge - Curry Chicken

Colour Challenge 2 now being served! May I entice you with a little Curry Chicken?

Let me tell you how this challenge came to be...I was folding laundry and my eyeballs were drawn to this tea towel. The designs are crisp and clean and interesting. The details are excellent. The contrast of the colours is delicious. I like contrast (I miss those nautical themed clothes from the late 80's) white, blue...but this my friends...has a kick of red and Crushed Curry. BAM! <---ha!


Your colours for the Curry Chicken challenge are: Real Red, Night of Navy, Crushed Curry and Whisper White.

You MUST use these colours...and from there...there are no rules. Pick your own theme or use the collage I designed with My Digital Studio as inspiration. You can go country kitchen like the tea towel, go nautical...you decide! Edited to add: If you do not have the Stampin' Up! colours of cardstock, please feel free to substitute any colour of cardstock or papers that you have that come CLOSEST to the colours listed!

I'll leave the challenge open until February 10th, that gives us 2 weeks to create, inspire one another and above all...to have FUN! Don't forget...I'll also do a roundup photo when the challenge is closed, to show-off all of your creative works!

Use the Mr. Linky widget below and submit the link that takes us DIRECTLY to your project (not your blog in general, or your photostream in general, but copy and paste the exact link to your submission). That way we don't have to hunt around and 'guess' which one is your submission...we just get to oooh and ahh over the pretty that you created! Thanky!

1. leslie (crook)
2. Allison
3. leslie (crook)
4. leslie (crook)
5. Sharon
6. paperbatty
7. Stanza
8. Stanza
9. FieryCanuck
10. nicolebstampin
11. Kerri

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



This is a papercrafting blog, but if you've used the colour challenge to create...say...cupcakes, jewelry, fabric or other art...please leave us a comment and share! We love to celebrate creativity at PrairiePaperie!

Now, go make something...don't be a Chicken!
Colour Challenge - Curry ChickenSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

9 comments:

Leigh said...

I'm no chicken, I LOVE this colour combo! See you soon with my masterpiece!

Sharon said...

Poop, I can't play... I don't have Crushed Curry! :(

Dreena said...

Sharon, yes you can play along! If you don't have Crushed Curry, please substitute a colour that you feel comes closest to the challenge colours listed. Perhaps some More Mustard or Marigold Morning? Just check your stash and dig for some of those mellow yellows!

Mary Richmond said...

what a great idea! i think i'll join ;-)

Leslie Hanna said...

No Mr Linky tonight, so here's my link:

http://thecrookedstamper.blogspot.com/2010/01/challenge-two-fer.html

heh heh I tried again. ;-)

Leslie Hanna said...

And here's my first one in case Mr Linky never returns:

http://thecrookedstamper.blogspot.com/2010/01/another-color-challenge.html

Allison Rankin said...

Thanks Dreena...truly inspiring colors!

Sharon said...

Dreena, you need to come up with a catchy name for your challenges so we can have a snappy little acronym! :)

Kerri said...

I agree with Sharon, you need a snappy acronym!!
Finally, I have given you my best with these very challenging colors!!